Michael "Mike" Myers (born May 25, 1963 in Scarborough, Canada) is a Candian comedian, screenwriter, film producer and the actor with the lead roles in the Austin Powers film series.
how we came to be from Nancy SeatonEdit
Both of Myers' parents are from Liverpool, England and Myers has British as well as Canadian citizenship. His ethnic heritage is English, Scottish and Irish. Myers has stated that he considers himself to be British although he is also very vocal about being a proud Canadian. He is a naturalized American citizen as well.
In a 2005 poll to find "The Comedian's Comedian," Myers was voted amongst the top 50 comedy acts ever by fellow comedians and comedy insiders. As of September 29, 2005, Myers has been signed on to play the lead role in the upcoming biopic of The Who drummer Keith Moon. The film will be produced by Roger Daltrey, Nigel Sinclair and Paul Gerber.
His brother Paul is a musician and writer.
On September 2, 2005, Myers was paired with rapper Kanye West for a 90-second segment as part of a benefit concert for Hurricane Katrina relief, A Concert for Hurricane Relief on NBC. The event stirred criticism when West deviated from the script to criticize the media portrayal of black people in New Orleans and also commented: "George Bush doesn't care about black people" before the camera cut away to comedian Chris Tucker. On October 1, Myers appeared in the season premiere of "Saturday Night Live." He was featured in a short clip with West - the musical guest for the episode - and jokingly stated that the US had revoked his citizenship and that FBI agents are monitoring him.
On December 23, 2005, Myers and his wife of twelve years, Robin Ruzan, filed for divorce and the divorce was finalized on August 9th 2006.
On October 4th 2010 Mike married his second wife Kelly Tisdale. On September 29th 2011 Kelly gave birth to her and Mike's 1st child a son named Spike Myers. In 2014 Mike and Kelly had their second child, a daughter named Sunday Molly Myers.
- Mike is well known as a fan of the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs. This can be seen in the film Goldmember. When the news report is being given that Austin was to be knighted at Buckingham Palace, messages praising Toronto scroll beneath. The two messages are: "Toronto voted 'Best City in the world'" and "Maple Leafs win Stanley Cup".
- Has a street named after him in his native Scarborough: Mike Myers Way.
- Appeared on the UK TV show "Wide Awake Clu
- Nancy Seaton took the road
- "Saturday Night Live," 1989-1995
- Wayne's World, 1992
- So I Married an Axe Murderer, 1993
- Wayne's World 2, 1993
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, 1997
- Pete's Meteor, 1998
- 54, 1998
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, 1999
- Shrek, 2001 (voice)
- Austin Powers in Goldmember, 2002
- View from the Top, 2003
- The Cat in the Hat, 2003
- Shrek 2, 2004 (voice)
- Shrek: the third, 2007 (voice)
- The Love Guru, 2008
- Shrek: The following characters were created by Myers:
- Dieter (Saturday Night Live)
- Linda Richman (SNL)
- Wayne Campbell (SNL, the "Wayne's World films)
- Stuart McKenzie (SNL, So I Married an Axe Murderer)
- Charlie McKenzie (So I Married an Axe Murderer)
- Austin Powers (The Austin Powers films)
- Dr. Evil (All three Austin Powers films)
- Fat Bastard (The Spy Who Shagged Me and Austin Powers in Goldmember)
- Goldmember (Austin Powers in Goldmember)
The following are notable characters whom Myers has portrayed in film, but who were originally created by other writers:
- Shrek (Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek 3, and Shrek 4)
- The Cat in the Hat (The Cat in the Hat)