"Care to have a little fun?" -Fembots
A Fembot (sometimes referred to as a Gynoid) is a name for an android depicted in two motion pictures, The Bionic Woman and the Austin Powers film series, which parodied the name. Fans of the Transformers toylines and related fiction sometimes use the term to refer to a Female Transformer, and it was used once in the Beast Wars cartoon series.
The Austin Powers versions were a parody to the other Fembots stated above, which looked like beautiful women dressed in sexually provocative outfits and fought with guns hidden in their huge breasts which can fire knockout gas or bullets. Originally tested by Dr. Evil on his own guards, they were meant to be a lethal distraction for Austin Powers, while Dr. Evil's plans came to fruition, their pleasing form and seductive behavior appealing to Austin's "free love" personality. They use knockout gas on him and then drag him into bed. He revived and tries not to give in, but then a fifth fembot comes over and he gets turned on. They almost succeed, but Austin managed to beat them by "outsexing" them, overloading their processors by giving such a sexually charged striptease, that their own programming was overwhelmed, causing their heads to explode. In the second film, Vanessa, Austin's wife, is revealed to be one of Dr. Evil's fembots, evidenced when she goes backwards when Austin presses the rewind button for the television. She then further reveals that she's a Fembot after revealing her nipple cannons (which all Fembots have). After the fight, Vanessa explodes, and though Austin grieves for about two minutes, he then realizes he's single again. In the third film, Britney Spears was a fembot when twin barrels popped out of her leather top. As he did in the first film, Austin was also able to "outsex" her.
- The knockout gas Fembots only appear in the first film.
- They are the only characters known to match Austin in terms of sex appeal and sexual stamina.
- A total of four types of fembots have appeared in the series. Two in the first film (the test fembots and the knockout gas fembots), one in the second film (Vanessa Kensington), and one in the third film (one posing as Britney Spears).
- The test fembot was the only kind of fembot that wasn't used on Austin Powers, even though her bullets would've quickly dealt with Austin by killing him as opposed to temporarily moving him out of the way like the knockout gas. What ever happened to her and the other test fembots after they were tested on the guards is unknown.
- Because the test fembots weren't used on Austin Powers, Austin wouldn't encounter a bullet shooting fembot until Vanessa Kensington revealed herself as a fembot in the second film.
- Out of all the fembots, the knockout gas fembots were the only ones that didn't shoot bullets.
- The test fembot fired her bullets at a slower pace than Vanessa and the Britney fembot did.
- The test fembots were the only fembots that weren't seen being destroyed, but they disappear after their first appearance. The most likely reason is that when the volcano lair exploded, they were left behind inside, and thus they were destroyed along with it.
- Out of all the fembots that were seen being destroyed, Vanessa was the only one that wasn't destroyed by Austin's mojo.
- They are possibly based on the Octopussy circus and Blofelds Angels of Death. They also parody Bambi and Thumper from Diamonds Are Forever.
- Drax's girls - Moonraker
- Each group is a large group of girls who attempt to kill Bond/Powers.
- Octopussy Circus - Octopussy
- Large Group of girls.
- Blofeld's Angel's of Death - On Her Majesty's Secret Service
- A group of girls working for the villain.
- The AOD are hypnotised. The Fembots are robots. Meaning they are both under control of the villain.
- Bambi and Thumper - Diamonds Are Forever
- A Fembot wraps her legs around Austin's throat. Bambi does this to Bond.
- Bambi and Thumper are very athletic and acrobatic. The Fembots are too.