Dr. Evil (played by Mike Myers) is the main antagonist of the 1st 2 Austin Powers films and tetretary antagonist in Austin Powers: Goldmember, but later becomes a supporting protagonist, as its revealed that him and his and ex-nemesis, Austin Powers, are actually brothers separated after a tragic accident that happened during a Holiday with their parents.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds—pretty standard really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles — there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's quite breathtaking... I suggest you try it. At the age of 18, I went off to evil medical school. At the age of 25, I took up tap dancing. I wanted to be a quadruple threat — an actor, dancer...
In the second film's deleted scene on Jerry Springer, he shared the following secrets:
- dabbled (experiment once with a man and you're a poet; twice, "libertine")
- first person to use "quotation fingers" or so he "thinks"
- sat on a bus and went through a menstrual cycle
- wants you to get the fuck outta here
- slept in a horse (quite groovy), or was it the Ritz?
- wrote It's Raining Men, or so the Christmas babies told him
- named his left ball Piss and his right, Vinegar.
- made a Marzipan voodoo effigy of the Fonz after ashes at Sammy Davis, Jr.'s house
- princess of Canada, but can't back that up with paperwork
His real name is revealed to be Douglas "Dougie" Powers in the third film.
Dr Evil is unquestionably a genius. Inventing numerous 'evil' devices to further his goals which tend to shift between global domination and global destruction fairly frequently. He has however described himself as a 'hands off' type of genius meaning he prefers others to do the manual work for him. Those others, he would like, are deaf and blind so they can't see the good guys coming. He feels he doesn't need an adversary; he could be better off just winning. He's his own worst enemy.
Though he has a high degree of intelligence he is prone to absent mindedness, childishness and has a tendency to do things counter productive to his plots. Such as leaving Austin in easily escapable death traps even when his son points out that he could just shoot him. He can be extremely immature, speaking over Scott when his son is trying reason with his fathers line of thinking, or bullying number 2 when he he also points out fault in Dr Evils plans. He list the key elements to a good world domination plan
1. Thermonuclear device
2. Exotic delivery system
3. closed circuit TV to talk to the President/UN
4. sense of self
5. there is no fifth
Due to his suspended animation Dr Evil is very behind the times and will often say name his plans or projects as things that exist past 1969 when he was frozen. The best example of this is when he threatened the 90's government for $1,000,000 since he was not aware that the amount of money was not as valuable as it had been 30 years ago. Similarly, he threatened the US Government for $100,000,000,000 during the 1960s, but was apparently unaware that such an amount of money during that time didn't even exist during that time.
Austin Powers (fraternal brother)
Frau Farbissina (lover)
Scott Evil (biological son) ; Mini-Me (son / clone)
- "That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, and when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset... PEOPLE DIE!"
- "ONE MILLION DOLLARS!"
- "Throw me a frickin bone here!"
- "...unless you pay me 1 billion fafillion gajillion shab-ab-dood-illion ... yen."
- "Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- "Congratulations numbnuts, you've succeeded in turning me into a frickin' jack-in-the-box!"
- "You know, Scott. I been a frickin evil doctor for 30 frickin years, okay? Cut me some frickin slack. You forget, Scott, we're in a volcano! We're surrounded by liquid hot magma!"
- "I got frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads!"
- "This is r-goddam-diculous"
- Whenever Dr. Evil gets a plan he would gently put his finger to his bottom lip and do a dramatic stare.
- Despite his apparent lack of respect for his son, Scott, he seems to care for his son's well being. This is especially evident when Dr. Evil says "no one talks to his son like that" tries to comfort Scott, and then attacks a Ku Klux Klan member on the Jerry Springer show shortly after the latter made a very insulting remark towards Scott.
- In the first movie, he says the word frickin' a number of times.
- Throughout the series Dr. Evil's respect shifted from Mini-Me to Scott and then back again.
- He usually comes up with the names of his project that usually already is taken (ex. Preperation H, the "Death Star", The Alan Parson Project)